It’s a new year and it’s time for new announcements. This announcement is surely something that’s gonna knock your socks off – India is all set to have it’s own Cosplay Championship, the Alto Indian Championship of Cosplay. This is a Comic Con India initiative and the winner will get a chance to represent India at the Annual Crown Championships of Cosplay at Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo! That’s correct, they’re going Chicago, baby! At least now we have someone who can tell us whether it’s pronounced Chicago or Schicago – just sayin’.
The Alto Indian Championship of Cosplay will take place on February 12’ 2017 between 12 PM to 8 PM at Ansal Plaza, New Delhi. The event is free to attend; however, visitors are required to fill a registration form to get an invite to the event.
Alto Indian Championship of Cosplay will have 9 finalists competing for the championship i.e. the Grand prize winners of Cosplay competition of Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru & Delhi Comic Con’s 2016, on a single platform to represent the country at the Annual Crown Championships of Cosplay at Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo!
We caught up with Jatin Varma, the guy’s who been consistently promoting pop culture in India via the Comic Con and he had this to say about this step:
“I am really excited to launch the Alto Indian Championship of Cosplay! Comic Con India has been at the forefront of promoting and fostering the cosplay eco-system in the country and with this initiative we take it a step ahead. I wish all the finalists the very best and may the best cosplayer win!”
The event will also feature live music by Popular Band ‘Classic Collective’ & DJ ‘Nisheeth Rao’, along with great options for food & shopping.
And for visitors that wish to join in the fun of cosplay, the event will also feature a Fan Cosplay Contest (Open for all). It will give assured prizes to people in great costumes. Comic Con India under its 5 categories – 1. Comic book/graphic novel 2. Animated Series/Movie 3. Manga/Anime 4. Sci-Fi/Fantasy and 5. Gaming will choose one winner in each category. There will be other interesting categories too like Best Joker Cosplay, Best Couple Costume and many more.
In addition to the main Indian champion, there will be a “Fan Favourite” Award too, decided through an online poll. The nominations have been announced and votings are open at CosplayIndia.in http://bit.ly/2iPbTY7, where fans can vote for their favourite finalist and be part of the fun. Fans can find a pitch from each finalist on the website, in the form of images, videos and write up about the finalist to know each contender better. Voting ends on 8th Feb 2017.
And we are helpful enough to inform you about how this works:
Alto Indian Championship of Cosplay :
- Winners of the grand prize at the cosplay competitions hosted at Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru & Hyderabad Comic Con’s 2016 enter the ICC as the finalists.
- The City champions then go head to head to win the Indian Championship of Cosplay on February 12’ 2017 at Ansal Plaza, New Delhi.
- Once selected, the Indian champion qualifies directly into the championship round of Crown championship of Cosplay at C2E2 2017.
- The Indian champion then represents the country at the Annual Crown Championships of Cosplay at Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo to be held on April 21-23’ 2017, going up against champions from USA, France, Austria, China, Singapore, Indonesia & Australia.
Fan Favourite Award:
- People can cast their vote for their favorite cosplayers and increase their chances of winning the Fan Favourite Award.
- The final date for voting is 08th Feb 2017.
- The winners will be announced at the event on 12th Feb.
- All fake and unauthentic email ids will not be considered for voting.
- One email Id & phone number can vote for more than 1 contestant, however can only vote for 1 contestant only once.
Go ahead, register yourself at this link: http://bit.ly/2iPbTY7